Royal Family News – Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Docuseries to Air in December Despite Rumors
Royal Family news reveals that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s long-awaited Netflix docuseries is still scheduled to hit the small screen this year with an expected release in December. Read on and we’ll give you the low down.
Royal Family News: The Mixup
Royal Family news reveals that, according to Page Six, a report from Monday that claimed the show was being pushed back was wrong. Deadline reported that the series was being pushed back until 2023 amid backlash over another Netflix hit, “The Crown.”
“They’re rattled at Netflix, and they blinked first and decided to postpone the documentary,” a source reportedly said. But despite all that, apparently, according to sources at Page Six, the show will go on – and any perceived connection to issues between the Sussex’s docuseries and “The Crown” were just rumors.
Amid Changes, Series Still a Go
It was previously reported that, according to sources, there were issues between the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Netflix as the prince and his wife sought to delete any incriminating remarks they may have made about King Charles III, Camilla, Queen Consort, Prince William, and Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales.
It is, of course, more factual that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were the ones that tried to push the release date to next year. However, a “highly placed” insider reportedly told Page Six, “As far as I am aware, the docuseries is still going ahead later this year.”
Netflix has yet to respond or announce an official release date for the show. Insiders said there were still issues with the docuseries. Apparently, Harry and Meghan make comments in the series that contradict what Harry wrote in his upcoming memoir. Spokespersons for either Sussexes or Netflix have yet to respond to requests for comment.
The most recent season of “The Crown,” a fictionalized account of the modern Royal Family drew some heavy criticism. The scenes reportedly show the then-Prince Charles (Dominic West) attempting to bump his mum, Queen Elizabeth II (Imelda Staunton) from the throne.
Not the Only Contention
The scene showed King Charles III when he was still the heir apparent, meeting with the former British Prime Minister John Major to discuss the possibility of ousting his mother from the throne. This induced Major to come forward and tell the Mail on Sunday that the scene was “a barrel load of malicious nonsense.”
There is also reportedly a scene depicting the death of the late Princess Diana (Elizabeth Debicki) that fateful day in that Paris tunnel and, according to a source for the Sun, crew members are also speaking out against the depiction of her death on screen.
Be sure and stay up to speed on this and other royally related stories. Return here often for more Royal Family news and updates.